This Valentine’s Day, let’s make it casual. Let’s not fret over reservations and fancy meals. Instead, let’s focus on what we all really want this February 14th: comforting food, good wine and even better company. In the spirit of our Valentine’s Day Wine & Pizza Pairing Party, we’re sharing one of three pizza recipes here with you today: our #HalfwayHomemade Barbecue Chicken Onion Pizza Recipe.
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) should you choose to make a purchase using our links. It’s okay – we love these products, and hope you will too!!
Barbecue Chicken Onion Pizza Recipe
With a barbecue sauce base, this sweet and tangy pizza is a departure from the typical tomato-based pizza sauce classic. Chopped red onion offers a sharp taste, complementing the deep, rich taste of your favorite barbecue sauce. Need a wine recommendation? We suggest pairing this sweet pizza with a malbec due to its aromas of black fruits and spices and hint of wet stone, black pepper and cocoa.
2 Easy #HostfulHacks for This Recipe
Hostful Hack #1: Instead of committing to fresh pizza dough that needs time for preparation, opt for premade naan flatbread rounds. This cuts down prep and cook time by at least 30-40 minutes without sacrificing taste or quality. We always choose Stonefire Authentic Flatbread Rounds for the perfect foundation to every pizza night!
Hostful Hack #2: Use premade barbecue chicken. There’s no need to spend time making your own when you can easily buy a delicious store-bought option.
What You Need to Make Our Barbecue Chicken Onion Pizza
For this recipe, all you need is a baking sheet! But did you know that not all baking sheets are made equal?
Choose peace of mind and functional beauty when you make the switch to Caraway Home Cookware and Bakeware. Artfully designed, these kitchen essentials are 100% toxic-free ceramic that come in a variety of gorgeous colors to complement your space. We made the switch with our sage cookware and cream bakeware, and we can’t imagine our kitchens without Caraway in them anymore!
Want to save on your Caraway Home? Click here to enjoy 10% off your order through 2.21.22!
The Decorative Serveware
When serving your pizza, consider serving on decorative trays for a communal feel and easy handling. Our new favorites include our Enameled Mango Wood Serving Tray and Antique White Stoneware Serving Tray. If you’re serving your pizza with wine pairings, pour wine from its original bottle into a decanter, such as our Large Mango Wood and Glass Carafe. This allows the wine to breathe and separate from any sediment.
How to Prepare Our #HalfwayHomemade Barbecue Chicken Onion Pizza
Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and then placing all four flatbread rounds onto a baking sheet. Next, spread an even amount of olive oil and then barbecue sauce onto each flatbread. (Save a small amount of barbecue sauce to be drizzled on top after cooking.) Then, top with mozzarella cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Bake for 5-7 minutes. (Cook times vary depending on appliances, so you’ll want to keep an eye on it!)
Finally, carefully remove your pizzas from the oven and drizzle remaining barbecue sauce onto each one. Let cool slightly and then enjoy with loved ones!
Barbecue Chicken Onion Pizza
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 kitchen brush
- 4 small naan flatbread rounds (We always use Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads!)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ c. barbecue sauce (Customize this to your taste by selecting a premade barbecue sauce that suits your desired level of tang and spice.)
- 1 c premade barbecue chicken (We went Halfway Homemade with store-purchased barbecue chicken that simply needed to be heated up for a few minutes.)
- 1 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ c red onion, chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place each flatbread onto baking sheet.
- Brush olive oil and then barbecue sauce onto each flatbread, equally.
- Place an equal amount of barbecue chicken onto each flatbread. *Save a small amount of barbecue sauce to be drizzled on top after cooking.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. (Cook times vary depending on appliances.)
- Carefully take out baking sheet and drizzle remaining barbecue sauce onto each flatbread.
Leave a Reply