I had this idea to start sharing what our family is eating during the week in hopes it will help you come up with the answer to “what’s for dinner?” because it can feel like such a chore. So, below is the full list of what we ate (no, I don’t cook every night) along with recipe sources, recipe notes and anything else I feel might be helpful to you. I’m planning to make this a regular feature so stick around if you need some simple, weeknight dinner ideas. I’m also sharing my videos from these dishes over on our Instagram if you’d like to see how they look in real-life.
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) should you choose to make a purchase using our links. It’s okay – we love these products, and hope you will too
We’ve covered meal planning on the blog before, but this is how it looks for me and my family when I put our meal plan into action (I swear by my Day Designer for planning and you can order your own and save 10% with code DDAFFILIATE10).
For reference on portion sizes, we are a family of 3 (2 adults + 1 toddler).
Lemon Chicken & Orzo
- I didn’t love the recipe I used so I’m not going to share it (although it was surprisingly better the next day). I’ll search for one I like and share when I find it!
Korean Beef, Rice & Broccoli
- I use The Recipe Critic’s recipe and we make this ALL THE TIME! Super easy!! We swap the brown sugar for honey and always double the recipe for leftovers. If you have a bigger family, definitely double it.
Chicken Fajita Bowls
- First time making and won’t be the last! I used Half-Baked Harvest’s recipe but made it a bit of our own. We had lots of leftovers for a small family.
Pork Chops & Asparagus
- This is our go-to when we don’t feel like doing much. We bread our pork chops in panko bread crumbs and fry them in olive oil (I used a cast iron skillet this week and it was great). For an easy side dish, I sprinkle asparagus with salt, pepper, and grated parmesan cheese and bake in the oven.
We usually eat this on Fridays (our Fry-day tradition started when my little one started school) but knew we were having dinner elsewhere on Friday, so we switched it to Thursday.
Dinner at Mimi’s
Mozzarella Cheeseburgers with Balsamic-Glazed Onions and Roasted Potatoes
- A recipe we picked up from Hello Fresh. It usually calls for white cheddar but we had shredded mozzarella leftover from another dish and decided to use it.
If you have any questions about any of the recipes, please feel free to drop them in the comments below or to send a DM on Instagram. Have a great week!
Leave a Reply