Growing up, we loved walking into Mimi’s house on St. Patrick’s Day. The warmth of her kitchen immediately greeted us at the front door as we could smell the warm and hearty aromas of potatoes boiling and corned beef baking. Of course, her house was decorated with shades of green and gold as we gathered together to catch up and connect. Looking back now, we want to create the same festive dinner for our families. We’re so happy we paid attention to the entertaining essentials Mimi always had on hand, and took note of her simple #hostfulhacks that she used time after time.
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day always falling on March 17th, we decided to put together 17 of our favorite St. Patrick’s Day Entertaining Essentials that you can find at your local Target to help you host a cozy and festive dinner for your family.
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) should you choose to make a purchase using our links. It’s okay – we love these products, and hope you will too!!
St. Patrick’s Day Entertaining Essentials – 17 Target Finds
- 11″ Porcelain Beaded Dinner Plate White – We consider white dinner plates an essential for every holiday. These plates are timeless, but have a beaded detail that elevates the overall look of your dinner table.
- Terry Plaid Hand Towel Set – These machine-washable terry cotton hand towels are the perfect addition to your guest bathroom. The textured cloth adds a little extra flair while the soft green hue works with any neutrals that might already be in your bathroom.
- Gold Flatware – We can’t forget about the leprechaun’s favorite thing: gold! The best part of this flatware set is that it can be used various times throughout the year with other festive occasions. Bonus: this set is dishwasher safe, so clean up is a breeze.
- 16″ Round Wood and Wire Tray – Once we discovered how useful a tray is while hosting, it quickly became a staple in our houses. Use it to carry multiple items from the kitchen to the table, and this #HostfulHack will save you so multiple trips. We love the simple gold detail on this tray, which works perfectly with St. Patrick’s Day decor.
- 50″x 60″ Braided Striped Throw Blanket – Adding this sage green throw blanket to your St. Patrick’s Day decor will add warmth and coziness to any room. We love the braided detail with fringe, and the soft hues that will blend well with existing neutrals in your home. Add it to your tablescape or drape over a chair to add texture and a welcoming atmosphere in your home.
- Napkins in Persimmon Orange – While green gets all the glory for St. Patrick’s Day, let’s not forget that the Irish flag is equal parts green, orange and white! These persimmon orange, hemstitched napkins are the perfect muted hue for a casual but sophisticated St. Patrick’s Day dinner. Our favorite part of these napkins? They’re easily reusable for a fall tablescape!
- Stoneware Pitcher in Gray – One of our favorite #HostfulHacks is to have a pitcher nearby! Filling up a pitcher with a seasonal hot or cold beverage or even ice water will keep your guests mingling and help you make less trips to the kitchen.
- Round Serving Bowl 88oz Porcelain White – Even though we love corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick’s Day, we love to lighten up any meal with a fresh salad. These serving bowls are even perfect for dinner rolls or any other side you plan to serve, and they come in two different sizes!
- Wood Salad Claws – We love these wooden salad claws because they can work for so many occasions! On top of that, they are super affordable and the natural wood gives them a one-of-a-kind look. Pair these with the white round serving bowl and you have a timeless duo!
- Wood & Metal Single Candle Holder – A simple way to add warmth to any space is with candles. We love these candle holders because the wood-and-metal materials offer a modern aesthetic and its neutral colors mean you can keep using them long after St. Patrick’s Day is gone.
- 8oz Sugared Birch Lidded Jar Container Candle – For this holiday, we love to find ways to pull in the color green, of course! This candle has the right hue with a perfect scent to draw your guests to whichever room you desire.
- Green Plaid Apron – If you need to make last minute preparations after you’ve gotten dressed, be sure to protect your attire with a kitchen apron. We love this apron because it works all season long and can easily be thrown into your washing machine when cooking is complete.
- 16oz 4pk Glass Tulip Beer Glasses – While wine isn’t traditionally associated with St. Patrick’s Day, beer certainly is! We love these tulip beer glasses. Their elevated look adds to the occasion and their versatility makes them a year-round essential in our homes.
- 24″ Faux Seeded Eucalyptus Wreath – A wreath at the front door sets the tone and automatically offers a welcoming atmosphere to guests. Wreaths make a house feel like a home and tie all decor pieces together. Bonus: this beautiful eucalyptus wreath seamlessly ties into the green theme of St. Patrick’s Day!
- 11″ x 8″ Crock Stoneware Vase Beige – We love putting out fresh flowers or greenery to make a space feel and look vibrant. This vase works perfectly with existing decor and can be used all year round – not just on St. Patrick’s Day! As we enter spring, we love to style with tulips – which you can also find right at your local Target.
- Cotton Striped Table Runner – Table runners add texture and warmth to any dining experience. This runner is easy to clean and designed to last. It blends perfectly with your green hues, but works with practically any color motif, making it a staple in your home.
- 16.4oz Glass Stackable Tall Tumbler – Commonly used as water glasses, these tumblers work for whatever seasonal beverage you’re serving up to guests, and they’ll blend seamlessly into your St. Patrick’s Day design. We love that they’re dishwasher safe so cleanup is quick and easy.
Shop This Post
Looking for more #HostfulHacks to ease your worries when entertaining loved ones? Check out our Hostful Hack Handbook, and start connecting more with those around you.