If it’s not yet obvious, our favorite holiday related meal around here is Christmas brunch at Mimi’s. She always makes her famous Creamed Eggs once a year and we can honestly say, no other brunch compares. But what’s brunch without some bacon?! Every year, Mimi plans for more than enough, but without fail, the plate dwindles down in the kitchen well before it makes it to the table. This year, as we were planning our Christmas editorial, we decided to step the bacon game up a notch and make Peppermint Candied Christmas Bacon. If you think your taste buds are up for this sweet and savory treat, we recommend giving it a try!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) should you choose to make a purchase using our links. It’s okay – we use and love these products, and you will too!!
Peppermint Candied Christmas Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brown sugar, rice vinegar, spices and maple syrup together to form a syrupy-thick sauce.
- Place bacon slices on cooling rack set over a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Flip slices over and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon and brush both sides with the sauce mixture. Return bacon to cooling rack over baking sheet and bake another 5 minutes. Repeat basting every 5 minutes or so until the bacon is completely brown, approximately 30 minutes.
- As it cools, sprinkle the sticky bacon with the crushed candy cane.
Photography: Lacey Irving Photography
If you give this recipe a try, you’re definitely going to have to let us know!! Hap-Bee Hosting, friends! xo
#HostfulHack: Expecting company? Cook up some bacon about 15-20 minutes before your guests arrive (even if you don’t plan on serving it), and your house will smell amazing and feel a bit more comforting.