It’s another month of entertaining around here, and we simply cannot get enough! Our homes will be full of family and friends and our tables full of our favorite recipes from Mimi and Nana. And when we know our tables will be surrounded by those we love most, we always like to ensure we have all the entertaining essentials on hand. They not only help us pull our tablescapes together but also allow us to make our guests feel right at home. They show intention because each piece serves a purpose while adding a bit of character to our homes. With that, here are our 20 Holiday Entertaining Essentials you can find at our regular go-to – Target.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) should you choose to make a purchase using our links. It’s okay – we use and love these products, and you will too!!
20 Holiday Entertaining Essentials – Target Holiday Finds
1. Porcelain Coupe White Dinner Plates – As you know, we consider white dinner plates an entertaining essential because they can be incorporated into any tablescape design. All you have to do is add pops of color with various items like glassware and accent plates and let the white dinner plates shine as they highlight your curated menu!
2. Holiday Accent Plates – What better way to add some character to your tablescape than with fun, holiday accent plates?! They can be used for hors d’oeuvres, salads, desserts or bread and are the perfect way to add a little color.
3. Rose Gold Flatware – One of our favorite ways to dress up our tables is to add metallic flatware. We love this set because the color is a bit unexpected and they are dishwasher safe, which helps save on clean up time. They can also be used throughout the year whether for formal or casual affairs.
4. Red Glassware – We love these elegant glassware pieces because they can be used as juice glasses or as a yogurt dish, but they can also be used as votives with or without a candle.
5. Pink Plaid Mugs – Coffee always seems to be an easy way to bring comfort to any gathering. Sharing a cup at brunch or after dinner encourages friendly conversations that help strengthen relationships. These mugs help bring a feminine touch to your tablescape and can certainly be used throughout the Spring months ahead.
6. Porcelain Gravy Boat – The thing we love most about gravy boats is they don’t just have to be used for gravy. Nana and Mimi taught us through the years they are perfect for pouring various sauces and syrups and are an easy way to dress up the table without having to place plastic bottles and such among your decor.
7. Round Serving Bowl – There’s one thing for sure when it comes to entertaining. You can never have enough white bowls. They’re always perfect for filling up with your favorite dishes and passing around the table. Plus, the white will blend nicely with your decor (just like the dinner plates)! This bowl is also microwave and dishwasher safe making it easy to warm up any dish with an easy clean up.
8. White Porcelain Pitcher – It’s probably obvious by now, but we love white entertaining essentials, and a porcelain pitcher is definitely a staple when it comes to hosting. They can be filled with ice water or even a hot beverage or if you need a beautiful centerpiece, you can fill it with a festive arrangement.
9. Off-White Side Tassel Slub Table Runner – Whether it’s a full tablecloth or a decorative runner, we love incorporating linens into our table design to add a touch of texture. This runner adds vintage-inspired appeal to your table and can be used beyond the holiday season!
10. Gold Decorative Tray – You know how much we love to save time preparing so we can spend more time with loved ones. Investing in a decorative tray this year will be one of the best investments you’ll make. Carry multiple dishes and/or glasses in one trip from the kitchen to the table and save yourself so much time! This tray is festive and fancy and could also be used as decor if your heart desires.
11. Cream and Gold Metallic Border Napkins with Gold Tassels – The dinner napkin just might be the most underrated table accent but friends, let us tell you, linen napkins are always a good idea! Not only are they functional, but they add a bit of detail and elevate the design of your table with very little effort. There are countless ways to display your napkin for an added accent, and they can be used time and again. We also love these.
12. Pale Pink Beverage Tub – There’s nothing we love more than a self-service bar at a gathering to get your guests mingling and allow them to refill their glasses at their convenience. We love this tub because it is stylish and functional. Fill it up with ice and cans and bottles of the beverage of your choice and encourage your guests to help themselves. If pink isn’t your color, gold is always a good option too.
13. White Beaded Cake Stand – If you’ve ever been to either of our houses, you know we have an overabundance of cake stands. That’s because they are so versatile! They can be used not only for cake but also for displaying various desserts, dishes (i.e. a stack of pancakes) or even decor. Furthermore, we tend to opt for white because it can be incorporated into most tablescapes and throughout many seasons. Plus, they look super cute on a shelf when you’re not using them.
14. Acacia Wood Salad Serving Set – It would be a bit hard to serve your favorite dishes this season without a good set of serving utensils. We’ve shared this set before because we love how the wood tones bring warmth to your tablescape design. Plus, they can be used to serve anything from salads, to side dishes, to entrees.
15. Be Merry Decanter Set – Looking to dress up your self-service bar a bit? Add this adorable set complete with weighted-bottom drinking glasses and a heavy glass decanter all engraved with a cute holiday design.
16. Gold Glitter Snowflake Felt Coasters – Let your guests feel more at home with this adorable set of coasters. Place them in various places around your entertaining space to allow guests to set their drinks down safely to enjoy an appetizer or hug a loved one they haven’t seen in a while. We thought these were pretty cute too!
17. Red Buffalo Check Apron – We both need to get a little better at wearing aprons in the kitchen, but how cute is this one?! Perfect for the holiday season and preserving your festive attire just before your guests arrive.
18. Linen Tea Towel with Holly Accent – Things can get a bit messy in the kitchen as you prepare to entertain, so equip yourself with a few tea towels to help clean up any spills along the way. This one is perfect, because it will add a little festive flair when it’s not in use.
19. Glass Flicker Candle – If you’re wanting to warm up your space a bit and add the perfect touch, simply opt for candlelight. These candles are perfect for adding a festive accent to your tabletop or space and they burn for up to 60 hours, so you can use them multiple times this season!
20. Mini Bowl Set of 4 – These beauties were technically designed as soup bowls (which we love) but you could also fill them with nuts or candy. Place them in various spots around your entertaining space so guests can pick at them throughout your affair. Either way, we love how each one is inscribed with a different word to remind you to celebrate life throughout the season and beyond.