We’re serving a Halfway Homemade Menu for Friendsgiving this year, and Hearts of Romaine Harvest Salad is the easiest fall salad to compliment a hearty meal. Not to mention, it displays beautifully to add to your overall table design.
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) should you choose to make a purchase using our links. It’s okay – we love these products, and hope you will too!!
Hearts of Romaine Harvest Salad
The Secret to Serving this Salad
The secret to serving this salad is to brush the cut sides of the romaine lettuce with olive oil and place face down on a skillet to sear and char the lettuce for a crispy, roasted flavor.
How to Serve Hearts of Romaine Harvest Salad
While this dish is beautiful and can be displayed on any type of serveware, we typically like to serve it on a wooden cutting board to accentuate the harvest theme and tie in a natural element. Each slice is rather large in size, and we love styling each piece down a rectangular board and top the recipe off with fresh pomegranate seeds.
How to Make Hearts of Romaine Harvest Salad
Recipe Originally From: Living Loving Paleo
What You’ll Need
To create this simple recipe, you’ll need the following:
How to Prepare
First, set your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, toss sliced brussel sprouts with the cauliflower in 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top of the parchment paper. Top the vegetables with salt and pepper and roast for 25-30 minutes until they are browned.
While the vegetables are roasting, whisk olive oil, fresh lemon juice, dried oregano, fresh garlic and sea salt to prepare a lemon vinaigrette dressing. Set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Using a pastry brush, brush the cut side of the romaine lettuce with remaining olive oil. Once the skillet is hot, place the romaine lettuce cut side down and sear until the lettuce is charred evenly. Once charred, remove the lettuce from the pan and place on the wooden cutting board. Top with the roasted vegetables and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette dressing and enjoy!
Hearts of Romaine Harvest Salad
For the Salad:
- 3 TBS Olive Oil
- 12 oz Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
- 10 oz Cauliflower Florets
- 3 Hearts of Romaine (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix brussel sprouts and cauliflower with 2 TBS olive oil directly on the parchment paper and season with salt and pepper.Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables begin to brown.
- Whisk all of the ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette into a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and brush the cut sides of the romaine lettuce with olive oil. Once the skillet is hot, place the romaine hearts with cut side down. Sear until the lettuce is evenly charred and remove from the pan.
- Place the romaine hearts onto a wooden cutting board and top with roasted vegetables and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with lemon vinaigrette dressing and ENJOY!
Leave a Reply