For quite some time, we’ve both wanted to throw a Favorite Things Party so, while we were planning our Galentine’s Day soiree, we thought it would be the perfect time to finally host one. What’s better than celebrating with your favorite girls while sharing your favorite things? If you’re not familiar with a Favorite Things Party, we are so excited to share with you just what it’s all about and how to host one of your own. Not only will you get to spend time with your best gals, but you’ll get to take home all kinds of goodies your besties have tried and approved. That’s a win-win in our book any day!
How to Host a Favorite Things Party:
- Invite your best gals.
- Choose an intimate spot that fosters conversation (i.e. your dining room table or your cozy living room) for your gathering.
- Pick a theme for your party and source fun details and fresh florals to decorate your space.
- Plan to have plenty of tasty snacks and refreshments on hand for your guests to enjoy.
- Create a fun playlist to play in the background.
- Ask each of your guests to bring a “favorite thing” (see below for more details) they’d like to share with the others.
- Eat, drink, chat, share and enjoy!
How to Organize a Favorite Things Exchange:
- As the hostess, determine the maximum amount each guest should spend on their favorite thing (i.e. $10 or less).
- Ask each guest to pick ONE of their favorite things to share with the other guests (i.e. a beauty product, stationery, an accessory, soap, etc.).
- Have each guest bring an x-number of their “favorite thing” to the party (for our party, we had 6 attendees so we had each guest bring 6 of whatever they determined was their favorite thing).
- Set out empty gift boxes or bags for your guests to fill with their favorite things.
- During the party, have your guests share what they brought and why they love the product so much.
- After sharing, have guests place their favorite thing inside each gift box or bag so that everyone can take one home!
Cost Saving Tip: If you’re planning to host a larger party and want to keep the cost down, have each guest bring 3 of their “favorite thing” worth a certain amount or less (i.e. $10 or less). As guests arrive, have them write their name on three different pieces of paper and drop in a jar. During the party, have each guest share their “favorite thing” and why they love it so much and then draw 3 names from the jar. The 3 people they draw will each take home that item. If the guest picks their own name from the jar, have them draw another name and then place their name back in. Each person should take home a total of 3 favorite things.
And that’s it friends. It’s a pretty simple concept but oh-so-fun with a little something for everyone to take home! And if you need a little inspiration for what to bring, here’s what was shared at our Galentine’s Day Favorite Things Party.
Rifle Paper Co. To-Do Notepad & Coral Pink Pad from Paper Goat Post
Kaolin Rose Luxury Bath Soap from Ariem Body Co.
Sparkling Rose Par Avion Tea
Tassel Earrings from Pecox Tassel Earring Boutique
(Use Coupon Code: BUSYBEE for $5 off until 2.14.19!)
Nicole Miller Lip Gloss
Essie Nail Polish
But that’s not all, because we couldn’t host a Galentine’s Day Favorite Things Party and not gift someone with all our favorite things!
With that, we wanted to share the same love you all pour into us day after day. We are forever grateful for your constant support, and we hope YOU are the winner of our Favorite Things Giveaway! The gift includes (1) Rifle Paper Co. notepad and coral pen from Paper Goat Post, (1) can of Sparkling Rose Tea from Par Avion Tea, (1) bar of Kaolin Rose Soap from Ariem Body Co., (1) pair of The Marissa Olive Green Tassel Earrings from Pecox Tassel Earring Boutique and (2) lip glosses from Nicole Miller.
Favorite Things Giveaway
Enter to Win!
Ready to enter to win our Favorite Things Giveaway?
Simply use the widget below to enter. Then, tag (3) besties you want to celebrate Galentine’s Day with on our Instagram giveaway post for three extra bonus entries!
*This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Giveaway ends February 14, 2019 at 12:00 am EST.
Best wishes friends! We can’t wait to see who will be bringing this fun gift bag home!
Shannon & Jenna
Disclosure: Please note, the opinions stated in this post are our own. This post contains affiliate links to products, so we may receive a commission for purchases made through those links. Furthermore, any commissions earned bear no weight on our opinions of these products. Our goal is to share what we love in hopes of enhancing your busy lifestyle.
Concept, Styling & Design: The Busy Bee
Photography: Lacey Irving
Floral Design: Patina and Petals
Wardrobe: Fashion Finds
Location: Private Residence
Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful Print: Target
Framed Pink Canvas Wall Art: Target
Wooden Heart Boxes: Target
Brass Love Object: West Elm
Rifle Paper Notepad & Coral Pen: Paper Goat Post
Kaolin Rose Soap: Ariem Body Co.
Sparkling Rose Tea: Par Avion Tea
The Marissa Tassel Earrings: Pecox (Use Coupon Code: BUSYBEE for $5 off until 2.14.19!)
Lip Gloss: Nicole Miller
Nail Polish: Essie