When we begin planning our parties, we always start with the mood board to find our overall aesthetic, plan our menu and then move right into picking out the decorations. When it came to planning our Galentine’s Day Party, we knew we wanted to serve Galentine’s Day Brunch that was sweet and included some of our family staples. We always encourage including family recipes while hosting guests. These recipes can serve as conversation starters (“This was a favorite of mine back when….”) and also shows your guest you care enough to share a little piece of you and your family with them. There’s nothing that says, “I love you,” more than a dish made with love.
Rectangle Cheese Board | Rose Gold Lacquer Tray | Triangle Cheese Board | Round Marble Cheese Board
Once we chose what we wanted to serve for Galentine’s Day brunch, we headed to our favorite local store, West Elm to decide how we wanted to display our menu. While we were planning weddings, we always told our couples to choose a few focal points throughout their wedding design versus feeling the need to go above and beyond with every single table. The same goes for hosting small intimate gatherings such as a Galentine’s Day Favorite Things Party. The menu is a great focal point, and we love displaying our recipes on a separate table that compliments the tablescape.
West Elm Orlando is one of our favorite stores to shop for a food display because no matter what section of the store (bathroom, kitchen, living), there are so many options if you just allow yourself to think outside the box. From their Rose Gold Lacquer Tray to their Round Marble Cheeseboards (we stacked one on top of the other to add height), we knew mixing colors and textures would compliment our recipes perfectly.
Galentine’s Day Brunch
Mimi’s Egg Salad
We don’t think there’s a single birthday party or baby shower we’ve hosted that Mimi hasn’t shown up with her famous Egg Salad Recipe. Always served on a white tray with pickles, Mimi adds her special touch that leaves us wanting more. We just knew we had to share these tiny sandwiches with our gals and couldn’t resist cutting them into X’s and O’s to tie in our Valentine’s Day theme!
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs
- mayonnaise to taste
- chopped onion
- pickled relish to tast
- fresh bread (we love thick sliced bread)
- Hard boil eggs. We love this easy-to-peel hard boiled egg hack by The Pioneer Woman.
- Mix all ingredients & refridgerate.
- Slice bread into desired shapes and top with egg salad. Serve with pickles.
Pink Strawberry Sangria
Original Recipe By: Simply Whisked
- 1 750-ml bottle pink moscato wine
- 1/2 cup strawberry flavored vodka
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 6 – 10 large strawberries, sliced
- In a large pitcher, combine the wine and vodka. Add strawberries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add the lemon-lime soda.
- Serve over ice.
Cherry-Chocolate Bourbon Soda
Original Recipe By: Katie at the kitchen door
- 3/4 c. cherry-vanilla soda
- 15 drops Taza Mexican chocolate extract
- 1 oz. Bourbon
- Add the soda, chocolate extract, and bourbon to a glass with several ice cubes in it. Stir gently, then serve immediately.
Pink Champagne Heart Shaped Jello Shots
Original Recipe By: That’s So Michelle
- 1 bottle pink champagne (3 cups)
- 1 cup Amaretto
- 4 envelops Knox gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 drop pink or red food coloring
- 1 heart shaped cookie cutter
- Pour 2 cups pink champagne in a medium sizedsauce pan (no heat yet) sprinkle on your 4 envelopes of Knox. Let sit for 2 minutes letting the gelatin activate. Turn on medium heat and stir with a fork or whisk until the gelatin dissolves. Add 4 tablespoons sugar. Whisk until dissolved. Turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ brownie pan with cooking spray.
- In a separate bowl pour 1 cup Amaretto and 1 cup pink champagne. Add a drop of pink or red food coloring so you don’t lose the pretty pink champagne color. Add Amaretto mix to you your hot champagne mix and then add to brownie pan. (4 cups total)
- Don’t over think it! Pile it on!
Rice Krispy Treats
Original Recipe By: Intimate Weddings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups miniature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Melted strawberry chocolate wafers or chips
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in vanilla. Stir in Rice Krispies cereal until well coated.
- Using a lightly buttered spatula, press into a buttered 8×8 pan.
- Turn pan over onto a cutting board. The mixture should release easily from the pan.
- Use a square cookie cutter to cut out enveloples.
- Melt pink chocolate wafers using a double boiler.
- Dip one side flat into the melted chocolate. Give it a tap to remove excess chocolate.
- Once hardened, use icing to trace the outline of envelope and top with candy heart.
Waffles with Peanut Butter Pie Filling
(Inspired by Nana’s Ice Cream Waffles)
Growing up, while visiting our Nana and Pop (heck, we still do this as adults), one of our favorite go-to late night snacks was heated waffles and ice cream sandwiches. We literally wish we could stop writing this blog right now and go make one! For Galentine’s Day Brunch, we took a twist on Nana’s simple recipe and created these Waffles with Peanut Butter Pie Filling!
- frozen waffles
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 8oz tub whipped topping
- In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and sugar.
- Then, slowly add milk.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Add a dallop of pie filling to one side of waffle.
- Gently place another piece of waffle on top of filling to create a sandwich.
- Shake desired sprinkles around the edges of the sandwich so they stick to the filling.
- Cover and freeze several hours.
- Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before serving.
Concept, Planning, and Design: The Busy Bee
Photography: Lacey Irving
Floral Design: Patina & Petals
Table Top Decor: West Elm Orlando
Disclosure: Please note, the opinions stated in this post are our own. This post contains affiliate links to products, so we may receive a commission for purchases made through those links. Furthermore, any commissions earned bear no weight on our opinions of these products. Our goal is to share what we love in hopes of enhancing your busy lifestyle.
Leave a Reply