Growing up, we barely ate out as a family. Most nights, we found ourselves setting the table with paper plates and enjoying our family’s staple recipes: Chicken and Rice, Spaghetti with Sausage, and an easy weeknight Chili topped over elbow macaroni. Our parents rotated their easy meals weekly. Of course, now being busy mothers ourselves, we can fully grasp the importance of an easy meal that goes a long way, and there’s nothing better than an easy weeknight Chili for the Fall, school nights and family gatherings.
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) should you choose to make a purchase using our links. It’s okay – we love these products, and hope you will too!!
Easy Weeknight Chili
The Secret to Serving Chili
While there’s no right or wrong way to serve Chili, our family’s secret is to serve the Chili over a bowl of elbow macaroni pasta. Every year for Halloween, Jenna’s family hosts a group of friends for Trick-or-Treating, and HomeGood’s seasonal pasta is a fun way to change things up! Pasta shaped as pumpkins and spiderwebs makes for a kid-friendly meal that’s bound to be devoured.
How to Serve an Easy Weeknight Chili
Depending on the number of guests you’re hosting for dinner, there are a few ways we love to serve this easy Chili.
- A Large Dutch Oven – First, a large Dutch oven makes it easy to serve Chili from stove to table. Simply simmer the Chili all day on the stove at a low temperature and place on top of a trivet when ready to serve. However, be careful as the oven will be hot! Furthermore, large Dutch ovens are great for serving large groups of guests.
- Mini Personal Dutch Ovens – Are you looking for a way to serve an easy weeknight Chili for an intimate dinner party? Opt for personal mini Dutch ovens placed at each place setting. We love this personal touch and how these mini Dutch ovens complete a table setting!
- Crockpot – Finally, we want to encourage you to spend more time with your loved ones and less time preparing dinner. With that said, a Crockpot is a great way to serve Chili buffet-style to a large group of guests. You’ll want to simmer the Chili all day on the stove and transfer to a Crockpot before guests arrive. Keep the Crockpot on a warm or low setting and setup a toppings bar for guests to create their own personal Chili. In fact, Jenna loves this easy option for Trick-or-Treating!
The Perfect Toppings
Our Go-To Toppings for any Chili include the following:
How to Make Easy Weeknight Chili
What You’ll Need
To create this simple recipe, you’ll need the following:
How to Prepare
The best part of this easy weeknight Chili is having the option to simmer it on the stove for hours or cook quickly in the evening after an eventful day*. Either way, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to prepare. Simply start by cooking the hamburger meat all the way through and drain any excess grease. Return hamburger to the pan and mix well with tomato sauce and seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes. While chili is simmering, prepare pasta according to the package directions. Pour hot Chili over cooked pasta and top off with your favorite toppings!
*If you prefer to cook the Chili on the stove all day, follow the easy steps and simmer on a low heat setting. Be sure to stir well at different points throughout the day. Add water (start with 1/4 cup) if Chili begins to thicken. This will help thin the sauce.
Easy Weeknight Chili
- Dutch Oven
- 2 lbs Hamburger Meat
- 4 8oz Cans of Tomato Sauce
- 2 packets McCormick's Original Chili
- 1 box Elbow Macaroni
- Cook hamburger meat thoroughly.
- Drain excess grease and return hamburger meat to pan.
- Mix tomato sauce and chili packets with cooked hamburger meat.
- Simmer meat for 10 minutes.
- Pour over cooked pasta and add your favorite toppings.