A warm beverage is an ideal companion when connecting with friends and family around the table. This St. Patrick’s Day, enjoy our simple Irish Coffee recipe that can be served caffeine only, or can be mixed with an Irish whiskey to create a creamy cocktail for your gathering.
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) should you choose to make a purchase using our links. It’s okay – we love these products, and hope you will too!!
Easy Irish Coffee
Traditional Irish coffee has a black coffee bottom layer with a creamy, whipped layer that sits atop. The coffee itself is still able to be customized and we encourage you to use the coffee you love best. For us, we chose an original coffee blend with no extra sweetener, but feel free to personalize this recipe to your and your guests’ tastes!
What You Need to Make This Easy Irish Coffee Recipe
With only three main ingredients (four if you’re looking to add the whiskey), this is a recipe to have in your back pocket when you have unexpected guests or are short on time. We used a heavy whipping cream, along with brown sugar, and an original blend coffee.
When it comes to serving up this warm beverage, choose a coffee mug that’s easy to wrap your hands around and complements the creamy hue of this delicious offering. Our Matte Stoneware Coffee Mug checks both those boxes, giving a casual elegance to your overall tablescape design.
How to Prepare Our Irish Coffee Recipe
Begin by pouring your favorite brewed coffee into individual mugs. If using Irish whiskey, pour 1 oz. into each mug and stir.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk heavy whipping cream and brown sugar for about 1-2 minutes, until completely mixed. Gently drizzle cream mixture on top of coffee.
Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the top of cream and sprinkle with brown sugar for garnish.
Easy Irish Coffee
- 1 coffee maker
- 1 whisk
- 1 mixing bowl, small
- 1 pot coffee, freshly brewed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 4 oz Irish whiskey (optional)
- Pour brewed coffee into individual mugs.
- If using Irish whiskey, pour 1 oz. into each mug and stir.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk heavy whipping cream and brown sugar for about 1-2 minutes, until completely mixed.
- Gently drizzle cream mixture on top of coffee.
- Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the top of cream.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar for garnish.
Leave a Reply