Pancakes are always a hit in my home and after trying IHOP’s Butter Pecan Syrup, I went on a hunt for a Buttermilk Pecan Pancake recipe. Every weekend, Cohban and Maddie Lu beg for pancakes, and while they always opt for homemade Chocolate Chip Pancakes, I knew this recipe would have them begging for more.
For our Christmas Brunch, we used Hearth & Hand with Magnolia Cookie Cutters to cut out the Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes into little houses to match our centerpiece. They’re currently 30% off at Target right now, and we’re obsessed with how our pancakes turned out!
Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes
Original Recipe By: See Vanessa Craft
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped pecans
whole pecans for garnish
- Mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix vanilla, egg, buttermilk and vegetable oil together. Combine mixture with dry ingredients.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan on low heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake and flip when the batter starts bubbling.
- Cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Top with whole pecans and syrup.
Photos By: Lacey Irving
#HostfulHack: No time to whip up homemade pancakes before hosting Christmas Brunch? Opt for frozen pancakes, heat in the microwave and use cookie cutters to shape them. Place on top of cake stand & add powdered sugar and rosemary to garnish. Less time in the kitchen & more time with loved ones!
P.s. Looking for more quick and easy holiday recipes? Check out out Peppermint Candied Christmas Bacon for a sweet and savory side!