With Easter Sunday around the corner, our hearts are so full thinking about families spending time together and connecting with loved ones. When we look back at our own childhood, we have so many special memories that are centered around this holiday, filled with time spent around a table overflowing with love and laughter. Holidays are precious things we all hold dear in our hearts and look forward to all season long.
But what if you’re the hostess?
We often hear that busy women, just like you, are overwhelmed when it comes to hosting holidays. Instead of looking forward to gathering with others, stress envelopes you, taking away from your own happiness leading up to the holiday.
We get it because we’ve been there. We’ve run around to every store in town trying to find all the items we thought we needed to host the perfect holiday, from building the ideal menu to finding flawless Easter outfits for our children, and everything in between.
Does this sound like you? By the time you’re done preparing, all that’s left is a sense of depletion, and wanting more than anything else, a nap. You, the hostess, are the heart of it all, yet you feel exasperated as loved ones come through the door. Above all, you aren’t able to fully enjoy the magical moments that you spent all week creating, never really considering your own need for connection with others.
Let’s Change the Narrative
We believe hosting shouldn’t be stressful or overwhelming. Inviting people in doesn’t have to come with running around for days beforehand, culminating in exhaustion by the time loved ones arrive. Hosting Easter should feel just as magical for the hostess as it does for every one else around the table, and we want to help make that happen. With Easter just a few days away, and with many women gearing up to prepare for company, we want to share with you the three things you need to stop doing this holiday. Instead of dealing with stress and overwhelm, welcome the time to connect with loved ones and open your door with intention.
3 Things to Stop Doing This Easter
- Stop running around to a million different stores to find Easter outfits, supplies for Easter egg hunts and gift baskets and head to just one multi-purpose store instead. We used to run all over town looking for the perfect items, but we realized that searching the entire metropolitan area for the idea of perfection was taking away from our own well-being and happiness. Quite simply, all the running around wasn’t worth it. Keep it simple by sticking to one store and save your sanity.
- Stop buying Easter-themed entertaining essentials and shift your focus on quality pieces that can be used year-round. Instead of going for bunny-themed motifs, focus more on neutrals and add some festive pastels as accent pieces. This will ultimately cause less stress by having more versatile pieces and you’ll save money along the way.
- Stop striving for perfection and, instead, focus on being present with your loved ones. Keep it small and intimate and be intentional with how you connect with your loved ones on Easter. When you find yourself listening to those myths of perfection, take some time to have a few drops of CBD Oil UK to calm your mind, and ask yourself, “Why are we gathering together?” and realign with your response. A perfect menu, an expertly cleaned house and flawlessly-outfitted children are not the reasons your loved ones gather together; they’re there for deep conversations, meaningful connection, and to create special memories together. Let go of perfection and welcome intentional hosting into your heart instead.
Remember the Why
With these key mindset shifts, we hope that you’re able to open your doors with ease this Easter. Allow yourself to spend more time being present with those around you. We hope that you can look back at this holiday and be flooded with feelings of love and warmth, all because you let connection take priority over perfection. It comes down to this: when you’re feeling rushed or overwhelmed, remember the why.
Need more Easter inspiration?
Check out these posts to ease the holiday stress and embrace what matters.
- An Easter Tablescape Designed for Connection
- Mimi’s Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- Mimi’s Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Nana’s Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Looking for more #HostfulHacks to ease your worries when entertaining loved ones? Check out our Hostful Hack Handbook, and start connecting more with those around you.