It’s no secret around here that this is our favorite time of year! Not only do we get to celebrate the numerous holidays, we also have many opportunities to entertain family and friends. We don’t doubt our love for entertaining came from both of our grandmothers, Mimi and Nana, who set their tables for familiar and unfamiliar faces through the years. They served their best dishes on their carefully set tables and always knew how to make everyone feel right at home. While we watched them entertain their guests, we also picked up some hosting hacks and took note of their entertaining essentials they used to pull it off seamlessly year after year. With that, we put together 20 Fall Entertaining Essentials you can find at your local Target.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) should you choose to make a purchase using our links. It’s okay – we use and love these products, and you will too!!
20 Fall Entertaining Essentials – Target Fall Finds
1.White Dinner Plates – While white dinner plates may not appear to be “Fall-inspired”, we consider white dinner plates an entertaining essential. They can be incorporated into any tablescape design. Simply add pops of color with linen napkins, food and various decor! The plates will add a simple and clean touch. Plus, they will make the appearance of your food pop once plated. Always a plus!
2. Gold and White Plaid Linen Napkins – As mentioned above, linen napkins are a great way to add touches of color to your tablescape design. The gold and plaid design of these napkins are perfect for Fall and will transition seamlessly into Spring! Being that they are machine washable, these napkins can be used time after time.
3. Gold Flatware – Whether you’re hosting a casual or formal affair, gold flatware is a great way to dress up your table. The best part about this set is they are dishwasher safe, which will help you save on clean up time. They will also work great with various holiday enertaining so you can get more use out of them.
4. Clear Glass Tumblers – Commonly used as water glasses, these modern and versatile tumblers will blend seamlessly into your Fall design. They also work great for various other beverages your guests wish to enjoy.
5. Clear Modern Stemware – What’s a dinner party without a little wine? These contemporary wine glasses will bring a modern touch to your Fall tablescape while helping to contain the aromas within the glass for full enjoyment. The best part? The stems are break resistant to help keep them around for future gatherings!
6. Stoneware Beverage Pitcher – Believe it or not, beverage pitchers are a sure way to keep your guests mingling at the table. Filling this pitcher with a hot or cold beverage of the season, or even iced water, will allow your guests to refill their glasses while remaining at the table. Our Mimi is well-known for doing this during her gatherings.
#HostfulHack: Pre-fill a beverage pitcher with water the night before your gathering and place in the fridge overnight. It will be cold and ready to serve when your guests arrive. One last thing you have to worry about the day of the gathering!
7. Fall-Inspired Wine Charms – Wine charms are the perfect way to help guests keep track of their glass while they mix and mingle throughout the affair. This set is timeless and can be used year after year.
8. Wine Decanter – One thing we love at a gathering is a self-service bar area. It not only allows your guests to choose how much they’d like to pour, but it also frees up the host a bit so they can spend more time with their guests. This wine decanter will help keep the flavor and aromas of the wines you serve. And there’s just something about pouring your wine from a decanter that makes it all the more fun!
9. Wood Salad Serving Set – Serving utensils are certainly an entertaining essential as they help you serve anything from salads, to side dishes, to entrees. We love this set because the wood tones bring warmth to any Fall table design.
10. Thankful Platter – Nothing says “intimate” quite like passing a family-style dinner around the table. What’s best about this platter is it provides a simple reminder once the platter is cleared.
11. Gold Serving Utensil Set – Much like the wooden salad serving set, this set will elevate your table presentation and help tie in your gold flatware! Because this set is dishwasher-safe, it’s also perfect for everyday use!
12. White and Gold Acorn Salt and Pepper Shakers – Our Mimi used to collect salt and pepper shakers growing up, and you can bet she had multiple sets for every holiday and occasion. These are the perfect way to add a little Fall flair to your tablescape. It also allows your guests to season their dish to taste.
13. Light Wood Taper Candle Holder – Candles are the simplest way to add warmth to any space. These taper candle holders will allow you to do just that. They will also add a bit of height and texture to your tabletop and can be used throughout your house as decor the rest of the year.
14. Autumn Scented Candle – As mentioned above, candle will add warmth to your space. The autumnal scented candles will ignite your guests’ senses and further enhance your Fall-inspired gathering. Plus, when the candle has been used, the decorative container can be reused as decor within your home.
15. Linen Cocktail Napkins – As you know, linen napkins are our favorite way to add pops of seasonal color while entertaining. Linen cocktail napkins are versatile because they allow your guests to set their drinks down while they make themselves at home. They also serve as a protective barrier between their hands and cold beverages while they mingle.
16. Thankful Coasters – Coasters are a perfect way to allow your guests to feel more at home. They won’t feel so bad setting their drinks down to enjoy an appetizer, for example, when they have a safe place to do so. We love these because they add a pop of color and they have a heartwarming message perfect for the season.
#HostfulHack – Place various coasters throughout your entertaining space prior to guest arrival to give them plenty of options to set their drinks throughout the day/evening.
17. Decorative Throws – Encourage your guests to get cozy by having comfy throws readily available, especially during the cooler months. It will allow them curl up and feel right at home while they’re there for their visit. We love this one (in navy and ivory), this one (in off-white) and this one (in mustard).
18. Pumpkin Printed Kitchen Towel – Not only will this towel add a fun touch to your Fall decor, it will also allow you to quickly clean up spills while your preparing in the kitchen.
#HostfulHack – After you’ve plated each dish, use a kitchen towel to wipe the edges of the serving dish or dinner plate to enhance the presentation. Hey, it’s what the chefs do!
19. Wood Serving Tray – If there’s one thing we’ve learned while hosting, it’s that time saved making trips back and forth to the kitchen, is more time spent with your guests. Invest in a serving tray that will allow you to carry multiple items to and fro. You will have zero regrets!
20. Gold Pot Holder – Pot holders are essential when it comes to handling hot dishes, but they can also serve other purposes! Our Nana always places her pot holders on the dinner table to allow her hot servingware to set on top without causing harm to her dining set. They can also be used to add a pop of color to your kitchen.
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!